Uniform & Equipment
We have a simple but effective uniform and visitors comment on the high standards we keep. We value the support that parents/carers give in keeping up to this.
Please take special note that we ask all students to wear appropriate and sensible plain black school footwear which does not include different coloured logos, boots, flimsy plimsolls or sandals.
In terms of jewellery, we allow only one pair of small plain studs in metal, one in each ear lobe (no jewelled studs, no hooped earrings). Children must be able to remove their own earrings for PE and sports.
Hair accessories should be small and in keeping with the school colours, remembering that no large bows are allowed.
Our uniform is simple and practical and is initially available from Bridge Schoolwear, Scar Lane, Milnsbridge.
- Sweatshirt, or cardigan, plain aqua with school logo.
- White polo shirt.
- Black or grey trousers (no leggings as trousers), skirt or pinafore dress.
- Plain white or grey/black socks or tights.
- Black or grey shorts or skirt.
- Green gingham dress.
- Black shorts.
- White t-shirt.
- Plain black tracksuit bottoms
- Black PE pumps.
- No logos on any PE clothing please.
- Wellington Boots (optional)
- Rainproof coat with hood.
- Black sensible footwear which does not include different coloured logos, boots, flimsy plimsolls or sandals.
- Book bags can be purchased from Bridge School Wear, Milnsbridge.
From September 2020 -Year 5 and Year 6 – Optional Shirt and tie with V neck school jumper or cardigan.
**** Uniform Suppliers COVID 19 update.
We appreciate that you will be keen to fully prepare your child for their journey at Luck Lane and have been in touch with our suppliers to ensure you are able to do so. All suppliers have put measures in place to ensure a full opening. Please see below an outline of the details for each uniform supplier:
Bridge School Wear
To ensure all customers receive the best (and safest) possible service, Bridge School Wear have introduced a number of measures.
- Expanded the website and ‘click and collect’ service, with more staff dedicated to completing online orders. - Introduced a personal appointment service for customers to book a time to get their children measured and fitted.
- Extended opening hours in August (Mon-Sat 9.30am-7pm, Sunday 10am-2pm). - Provided home delivery. - Face Masks will be provided in store (free of charge) and sanitiser will be available; - Social distancing measures will be in place.
Natasha’s School Wear
This provider is currently open with social distancing measures in place. The shop opening hours are 9.30am- 5pm Monday –Saturday.
August opening times will be:
9am - 6pm Monday-Saturday
The measures introduced are:
- Posters throughout the shop reminding customers to adhere to the 2 metre rule along with 2 metre distance queue signs on the floor.
- Hand sanitizers for customers as they come into the shop and at the counter
- There will be no changing rooms available, but instead guidance from store assistants for sizing advice.
- Provision for a high volume of return or exchange (we will adhere to 72hr policy for the returns).
- Cleaning of surface areas with disinfectant at regular intervals throughout the day.
- Restrictions on the number of people in the shop at any one time.
- A ‘click and collect’ and home delivery service for on line customers.